Congratulations on starting your business in North Carolina. The first step for starting a cash for gold business is to determine if you need a license to purchase scrap gold from the public. Step one if you plan to operate in North Carolina is contacting Business Link North Carolina and speaking with one of their Business Counselors. This free service is available by calling 1-800-228-8443 or (919) 807-4280 Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm EST.
BLNC counselors provide:
- One-on-one client consultations
- Customized state license requirements
- Access to hands on assistance for writing your business plan
- Employer and business structure forms
- Funding programs and resources
- Minority programs
- Assistance with government contracting and procurement
- Referrals to Local, State & Federal business services, programs & resources
- A Small Business Ombudsman to work on your behalf to resolve issues with State Government Agencies
Welcome to BLNC (http://www.blnc.gov/start-your-business)and the vast network of resources to help your business start, grow and expand.
Frankly, whether you need a license to buy scrap gold at “gold parties” is not made clear. make the call! And if you don’t like the answer, we’ve found it sometimes helps to call again. It’s likely you’ll speak to another government employee with a different answer :o) This is more common than you will ever believe; until it happens to you.
Now go make some cash for gold money and “Dump your job.”